This tutorial will explain how to generate a products feed and install the Criteo OneTag extension for OpenCart. Please read through the entire page for instructions.
How to generate a product feed
You can generate a product feed directly in your OpenCart platform. The product feed will be a Google Base feed. Just follow the eight steps below:
- Click Extensions, then Extensions in the left panel.
- Select Feeds from the drop-down menu
- Click the green button to install the Google Base feed. If already installed, skip to next step.
- Click the blue Edit button
- Download the latest Google category list locally here
- Import the Google category list
- Map your store categories to Google categories, one-by-one. For example:
- Once you’ve mapped all categories, select Enabled status, click Save, then send Data Feed URL to your Criteo contact
How to install the Criteo OneTag
Please click the button to download the extension for your version of OpenCart, then follow these four steps to install it:
|IMPORTANT NOTE: By downloading and using a plug-in, extension, or code snippet provided by Criteo in order to assist in the implementation of software code and/or tags on Client’s Sites, the Client acknowledges that it is solely responsible for reviewing and testing the implementation on its sites and agrees that Criteo shall have no liability to Client for any errors in the implementation. We kindly ask you to please test on a pre-prod or staging site, prior to your live environment.|
- Click Extensions, then Extension Installer in the left panel.
- Click Upload, and select the criteo.ocmod file.
The extension should install successfully:
- Click on Modifications in the left panel
- Click the Refresh button to rebuild the modification cache
How do I test the tags?
- You will need to use the Tags Validation Dashboard to test your tags.
- Or, you can download and use the Criteo Accurate chrome extension.