To increase a budget and CPC for a specific merchant/partner, you must issue a PUT call to the /merchants/partners/budgets and /merchants/partners/bids endpoints.
In case your merchant/partner wants to decrease its CPC, you must issue a POST call to the /merchants/partners/bids endpoint.
If your merchant/partner wants to decrease its budget, you will need to set the current budgetStatus to Inactive - this will stop the displays on the current budget – and set a new budget with the decreased value.
Day 0, merchant/partner A has initially set a budget amount of $1000 on its Criteo Reseller Program campaign.
Day 2, merchant/partner A still has $800 of budget BUT decides to reduce its available budget to $500.
Then you must issue the following calls:
- PUT call to the /merchants/partners/budgets/ endpoint
- Set budgetStatus to Inactive
- (No need to precise any budget amount here, budgetStatus has priority)
- POST call to the /merchants/partners/budgets endpoint
- Set budgetAmount to 500
- (No need to precise any budgetStatus here; if it’s left empty, we assume it will be Active)
IMPORTANT NOTE Please note that any budget decrease will be taken into account instantly with the following impact:
- Campaign will be stopped for the specific merchant/partner instantly for the rest of the day,
The campaign will restart the following day 00:00 UTC time with the new budget set.