Creating an Audience Campaign in Management Center allows you to take full control of the different parameters of your campaign, including
- your target audience
- the budget
- the CPC
- the creatives used in your banners
- your preferred campaign launch date.
To create an audience campaign, follow these steps:
Step 1: Create your Audience
Before you create a new audience campaign, you should have already created an Audience.
Step 2: Create your Audience Campaign
Once you've created an Audience, you can create a new Audience Campaign by navigating to the “Criteo Apps” option at the top left of your dashboard and selecting “Management Center”.
To create a new Audience Campaign, select "Campaigns" under the main navigation bar of Management Center.
Campaigns is a key feature of our Management Center where you can manage bids for all your Criteo campaigns, in real time. We’ve introduced a new functionality, enabling you to create and manage Audience Campaigns to effectively re-engage your lapsed customers.
To get started, simply select the "Create an Audience Campaign" option provided at the top of the dashboard. This will open a new tab inside your existing browser.
Step 3: Define campaign parameters
Criteo provides you the flexibility of defining every aspect of your campaign parameters to ensure the right set up for your campaign. Those parameters include:
- Budgets– Assign your Audience Campaign to run under one of your existing budgets. If your budgets are capped, you’ll have visibility on the total amount left on your current budget.
You may also create a new, dedicated, budget for your Audience campaign. Simply name your new budget, choose between capped or monthly, and specify the amount of your budget.
- Optimization goal – Currently, Audience Campaigns are supported by our Revenue Optimization model. We have plans to introduce additional optimization goals later this year.
- Bid–To successfully set up your Audience Campaign, you’ll need to specify your cost-per-click (CPC) before your campaign goes live. If you don’t specify one, one of our team members will get in touch to help you select the right CPC based on your unique campaign objectives.
- Target audience - By selecting this option, your campaign will only reach customers who have not visited your website for more than the defined time period. Automatically, your Audience Match campaign will target customers who have not interacted with your website for more than 60 days. You may choose to change this time period and target customers 30, 60 or 120 days since their last visit to your website.
- Campaign creatives –To help you achieve your marketing objectives, we provide you with three different campaign creative options. Select from:
- Existing banner creatives used by your currently live Criteo campaigns
- Previously used banner creatives from inactive campaigns, or
- Create new banner designs or coupons, tailored to your newly create Audience Campaign.
Note: Currently, it is not possible to create new banner designs or select from previously used ones from the interface, If you select one of these options, one of our team member will contact you to define your creatives.
- Tracking code– You can add third-party tracking information on your Audience Campaign by simply pasting a tracking code from your preferred analytics tool such as Google Analytics, or your in-house tracking tool.
- Launch date – Finally, you can set up your campaign to go live at a specific date. This is particularly useful if you plan to launch an Audience Campaign during a holiday season or a sales promotion. You may also define the end date for your campaign, ensuring you only reach your customers during a pre-defined time period. Alternatively, you can choose to take your campaign live instantly. Please note, that there is a minimum of five days lead-time before your campaign goes live.
Step 4: Launch your Audience Campaign
As soon you finish creating your Audience Campaign, you’re ready to launch. You have the chance to review all your campaign settings and modify any information before doing so.
Once you’re happy with your campaign parameters, click the “Submit” button. You will soon start targeting your most valuable customers with relevant product recommendations and drive them back to your store.