A product feed is a file that contains information about all products on your site. This information will be used to build the dynamic product banners. In this regard, the following data is mandatory:
- The product ID
- The product name or title
- The product URL
- The product’s image URL
In this article, you will find details about what you can include in your feed and how to format each field. Criteo currently supports the following formats: XML and CSV/TSV.
If you already have a Google or Facebook compliant product feed, there's no need to create a new one. You can use the same file.
If you do NOT already have a feed, you can create one according to this Feed Specifications Guide.
Remember that if you are using any of the following e-commerce platforms (ECPs) without much customization, you might be eligible to use one of our plugins, which will generate the feed and the tags for you:
Please note that Criteo has a strict content policy that aims to ensure that inappropriate content is never displayed inside a Criteo banner.
All products belonging to the following categories must be excluded from the feed:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Lingerie and Underwear Products
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Products
- Adult Sexual Products & Services
- Drugs & Supplements
- Weapons and Knives
- Firearms and Explosive Devices
- Tobacco and Smoking Accessories
- Religious Products & Services
- Dietary Supplements
- Weight Reduction Products & Service
In addition, all products referring to any content listed below must also be excluded from the feed.
- Nudity or Partial Nudity
- Cosmetic Procedures & Body Modification
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Sexually Suggestive Content
- References to Sex & Sexuality
- Racist Content
- Political Advertising
- Occult Content
- Consumer Loans
- Promotion of Violence
- Endangered Species
- Illegal Hacking
- Illegal Products & Services
- Underage or Non-consensual Sex Acts
Please contact your Account Strategist if you have any questions regarding borderline products.